Many of us don’t manage to put our own needs first. We spend much of our day constantly running around helping others, and when that pairs up with managing both our families and our careers, there really isn’t much time or energy left for ourselves.
It just seems too hard to make yourself your number one priority, but if you continue to put yourself last, you are undoubtedly going to suffer the harsh consequences on your own skin after some time.
Putting yourself at the bottom of your list of priorities is absorbing all your energy and time, making you unable to address the needs of others. That is why it is very important that you take care of yourself first. In the end, how can you take care of others if you yourself don’t have energy?
By devoting some quality time on yourself, you will have even more time, energy and love to give to others.
If you want to start being your own priority, you must start putting your own needs first.
Here’s a list of 25 things you should start doing from today onwards:
- Stop saying ‘YES,’ when, in fact, you mean ‘NO’.
- Stop wasting your energy and time on people who don’t deserve you.
- Start being honest with yourself about how you truly feel.
- Make your own happiness your top priority.
- Stop making excuses for others and for yourself.
- Don’t push yourself too hard into making important decisions.
- Spend more time with people who make you feel good.
- Don’t be afraid to say what you really mean.
- Stop competing or comparing yourself to others.
- Live in the present and stop wishing things were different.
- Forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made in the past.
- Listen and believe in your own inner voice and intuition.
- Take the time to make a list of goals and start taking small steps towards achieving those goals each day.
- Say ‘YES’ to new, exciting things that will make you happy.
- Find time for your hobbies.
- Stop making excuses for the things you really want to do.
- Focus on all the things you have right now and be grateful for having them.
- Stop worrying about the things you can’t control.
- Don’t play the victim and start taking responsibility for your own life.
- Don’t let problems ruin your life, and try instead to focus on solutions.
- Remove all the drama and conflict from your life.
- Don’t let yourself deal with other people’s problems as if they were your own.
- Start believing in yourself and your power to be successful.
- Accept other people just the way they are rather than judging them.
- Start appreciating and loving yourself!
Make a commitment to yourself that you’ll start doing these things from today onwards, and you will soon feel amazing.