Here’s a list of everyday situations which happen to all mothers around the world:
- You start saying “we” for everything – “we got sick,” “we started eating,”, “our teeth have fallen out,” when you’re not even sick, you’re not eating, and no teeth of yours are falling out!
- You can manage to do more things in 7 minutes than other people do in a week.
- When your child is asleep, you are free to do whatever you like – clean your home, do the vacuuming, wash the dishes, dust your home…
- Whenever you go out with your friends, all you talk about is your kid.
- You have learnt to give your child injections at home, even though you had a fear of needles before.
- You can do many things simultaneously – cook, breastfeed, talk on the phone, watch TV, and many other things. Even the famous multitasking master, Julius Cesar, is nothing when compared to you.
- Sleeping excites you even more than having sex.
- You can hear your child sneeze even if the door is closed, it is late at night, and your husband is snoring.
- Baby/children clothes interest you more than those for grown-ups.
- Because you love them so much, you are ready to switch places with your child if they are sick, have a cold, or are in pain.
- Suddenly, you are aware of all the dangers outside your home.
- You can watch TV only for about 30 minutes, while your child is sleeping.
- Resting is the same as going shopping without your child.
- When your child learns to pee/poop on their own, you congratulate them as if they won a medal.
- You change your clothes more times than a teenager who is getting ready for a date does, because you always have some strange stains on them.
- You continue singing nursery rhymes and other children’s songs long after your child is asleep.
- Taking a 15-minute shower is almost like a spa treatment to you.
Share if you or anyone you know have experienced these common mom truths!